I went to my grandmothers house and I helped out by doing these things.
1. Making drinks for family.
2. Cleaning the windows.
3. Putting bins out.
4. Taking out the rubbish.
5. I took the dog to the park.
6. I cooked.
7. Helped with shopping.
8. Carried the bags inside.
9. I helped with the dishes.
10. I vacuumed around the house.
Sunday, July 16, 2017
- Rotate the blue 7 180 degrees and turn it red
- Translate the top left hand N to the bottom right hand corner
- Rotate the N 90 degrees clockwise
- Then rotate it two more times than 90 degrees.
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is:
- Year 7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.
My Next Step is to continue to apply the reading and research skills that I have learned in a variety of other areas.
This term I have been reading and studying the novel Castaway
I found this novel OK because of the natural disasters that happened
During the novel I had to complete a thinking map which shows that I can classify how the author has shown the theme of the book.
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- I can identify and evaluate the way writers’ use language and ideas to suit their purpose and I can use my growing wide range of academic and content-specific vocabulary to understand texts.
- Overall I would give this novel a rating of 5/10 and I would (highlight in green the one that applies to you) recommend it to others to read because it is historical fiction that is based on a true story because of what happened to the DunDonald and how it was the unlucky ship
Monday, July 3, 2017
In ARTS this term we have been learning to:
Select and use techniques and relevant technologies to develop drama practice.
Here is a link to our online modelling book.
- During this unit of learning we:
- Described the characteristics of silent performances.
- Identified different techniques used in silent performances.
- Used these techniques in a variety of different practice situations.
- Worked in a small group to put together our own silent performance.
The most challenging part of this unit of learning was coming up with the story because we had all these ideas and we all liked our own but we got it done
The two things that I enjoyed the most were
working together as a team to be able to get the task done
having fun while we practice
The story that my group told silently was the chase where someone was playing with basketball and then someone else comes along and wants to trade a fidget spinner with the ball and then the person with the fidget spinner stole the ball
Overall I think my group worked well together because every week we were able to work on different things than the week before